“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Paint Art & Hand Sketch

This painting is a gift from a good friend (TiTan). He got this painting from his friend as a souvenir from a vacation to Egypt. Titan kept the painting for more than five years in his drawer as he had no idea where he should display it. Fortunately he found me! He gave the painting to me as he knows I am fond of unique & historical painting. Thank you so much my dear Titan. On the other hand, I think he made an excellent choice. I hardly find someone who treasures the ancient art as much as I do! *wink* It is gonna be one of the most eye-catching piece of art in my living room.
As told by TiTan, the paper used for this painting is purely handmade and the picture of the ancient Egyptians was directly printed onto the paper. It is not a piece of art made out from some kind of machinery. This makes the painting so valuable. This is my first time ever to touch a handmade paper. It is miraculous! It makes me feel like going back to the ancient world!!

The second piece of art which I would like to introduce is the painting that I got for myself when I travelled to Sydney for vacation last year. It is authentic aboriginal art from Australia. “Two Lovers Meet” is the theme of this lovely painting.
In the painting, you can see two people standing opposite to each other and raising their hands toward each other. They are cheering for their gathering. They dance around a big circle which might be symbolizing a pile of fire woods. They are surrounded by many colourful and pretty blinking circles as well. You can always find so much joy and happiness in the painting. This could be the highest expression when the beautiful Princess meets the handsome Prince – legendary love story!
How about you? Have you found your Mr/Miss Right yet?



The last thing to show is the coolest ever hand sketch from my brother – Mr. Cool! The human in the sketch is so lively and the theme is so fashionable! You can always find some special characters here and there. The line contour is clear and the contrast is so strong.

Can you ever imagine how Jay Chou shows his cool?

The collection above are just some samples from his works. It is hard to believe that this brother of mine is not a painter, right? Perhaps he should really consider this habit as his future career so that this gifted talent never goes to waste!

No comments: