“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Neophyte at Violin



Hurray, finally my dream of learning violin is turning into real! *clapping my hands while jumping up & down*

To be honest, it is actually one of my dreams since I was kid. But too bad my parents were unwilling to send me for violin class while most of my cousins could have their piano lesson during every weekend. Somehow I had been envious of them. I knew my parents were just too concern about my study. They wished I could put more efforts and concentration in my study and would not be distracted by any other matters, especially any musical practicing. Hence, I gave in to what my parents requested.

In fact, I had never thought that I would go for violin anymore after growing up until the day when Fikar proposed to Low and me about the intention of taking violin course so that we can play in trio someday. Could it be the implication from God to remind me about my kid’s dream? Or may be I’m inherently biding for the time? Anyhow, it definitely reminds me about the thing that I wish to do but forgotten in ages ago. So without much hesitation, I quickly make up my mind and now, no more envy and even admiration to others as I can attend the VIOLIN lesson *hurray*, even though I just start at the age of 26. For sure it won’t be too late for me and for those who willing to pick up violin skill as long as we have high initiative and motivation. Of course it won’t be three-days-monk but forever and ever MISSION to reach a high level of competency. This is a promise from me to my buddies – Fikar & Low, too who willing to join the violin lesson at the end after non-stop bugging and cajoling from me. *wink*

I wish my artistic fingers could dance beautifully like a butterfly on the strings someday and master most of the famous virtuoso pieces like Vanessa Mae who always has the potential to blow away just about any audience in the world. This could be a bit too far of my imagination. Anyway, let’s propose a toast to our VIOLIN journey. “頑張って” (gambade) & Cheers!!!

First day at violin school(HNMS). We were imitating to be a pro violinist... *grin*


The gentleman (Ah Ming) from YAMAHA Music School was helping me to tune my violin in order to get the right sound for each string.


Here is my first ever violin (Eurostring CW100 for beginner) in my life.
I bought it from YAMAHA IOI Mall with RM380 while Low & Fikar got theirs (Eurostring CW200) from Gramercy in Katong, Singapore for SGD99. It is much more cheaper and somemore one grade higher than mine. *suprise*

6 comments:

frederickgam said...

Wow, people so in love with their violin kekekeke. Hope this is not a 3-day monk thing <0.0> C u this Thursday at violin class!

Anonymous said...

cry ><....= jeolousx10000000~~~~~ i oso wan learn violin..... when i'm juz a kid i oled dream wan learn violin de liao... cos evry1 choose piano de boring ... wan learn violin oso~~~~~~XXXXX~~~~~~~


fR0m ur KaWaii Sist3r

Anonymous said...

haiz got time 2 go hiao wa~~ no time cum bac c u lovely grand parents oo!! :P


fr0m n$p

Jenjen said...

Piggy sis, u can learn also after you complete ur uni lar... May be I can give you my violin (the one for beginner) at that time if you are really going to take the violin course.
This violin class only take me 45mins/week to go instead of few days ler. Tell you what, it would be very tiring to travel from here back to S'wak and then fly back to here again within 2days. Absolutely tiring!!! (@_@)

Wee said...

wow Jenny...
so cool...you can learn violin,,,
i learn it when i was in secondary school...but only for a while...

Jenjen said...

Hi Wee, I will feel glad if I can master violin at the end of the lesson, at least I can play few pieces someday. I think it should be an activity to let me enjoy my entire life.
By the way, why don't you re-continue your violin again? It is very enjoying to play violin I think even though I'm still a beginner level and I also know there are a lots of hardship waiting for me ahead before I can reach my goal.