“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Friendships Revisited

I haven’t caught up with my old buddies who are my ex-schoolmates too, for a pretty long time since our last gathering. I can’t really tell when would be our last meeting but I guess it was likely during the Chinese New Year 2008.

As usual, I back to my hometown for Chinese New Year with my bulky and huge luggage, filled with my favorite clothes and accessories. Besides following my parents to visit their relatives who so called “relatives” to me too even though I’m not that close to them and sometimes can’t even sure how to address them, I would rather stay at home, surfing, reading comics, watching TV programs and join my dad for jogging in every afternoon. To be honest, I’m quite enjoying for being a ”宅女”(a female nerd) after coming back to here. Charging my mind, my soul at home has been the good excuse to let me isolate myself from outside. Oh yes, it’s unlike my fantastic life in Johor where I used to have many programs almost everyday after knock off.

Until the 3rd day of Chinese New Year, I received a SMS from Suk Ching, inviting me for an outing. I called Chai Ling to join us too. Yeah, I met them today, for a simple drink at Summer Café. We always have plenty to talk and laugh. We chatted about works, lives, travels, friends and etc. We shared our still-flickering dreams. Next year there will be the same stories, may be even some forgotten ones. There is one saying goes like this: when old friends assembles, the laughter overflows. This is true!!!

To Gerald - Hi dude, too bad that you can’t join us for this afternoon and I’m not sure if we have chance to meet each other or not before I leave. Anyway, hope you will have a happy married life ahead and let the melody of love guide you all the way through your life, keep in touch. Cheers!!

No comments: