“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Cartoon Image Makeover

Oh well, I started to get bored with my old cartoon image that I drew a year ago, whereby I depicted myself dressing in a gorgeous Yukata with embroidered purple sakura while taking off my glasses and holding it in my hand. I used it as my profile photo in blogspot. But now, I’m thinking about to makeover it. It’s time to get a new one instead. I can aim for some images that can let people feel refreshed when they look at it, instead of keep seeing the old one. Isn’t it boring?

This is my old cartoon image...


Therefore, I start to draft out my new image, on my laptop screen. My right hand is dragging the mouse here and there, using the different combination of straight and curly lines to come out an image that would best describe my outlook. In the meantime, I’m thinking what sort of character I should go for my new image? What should I do onto the new appearance?

Make it looks glamour? Or elegant? Fabulous? Or a bit tomboyish? Wanna try the rugged style? I shake my head slightly. No. They look exciting to me but I don’t feel to go for any of them. Oh yes, how about just the girlish look? I think this would best suit my appearance. Plus, this is the personality that I ever crave for. OK. Let’s make it as my preference.

A primary draft of my preference style...


In fact, I used to act in a saucy tomboy manner in reality. But, I prefer to depict myself in a more girlie style in the picture. After all, I’m a female as well.

Here come the almost completed piece of my diligent work. Oops, the eyes are much more bigger than I have - my real ones are sort of single-edge eyelids. Thus, some corrections are needed.


After 30 minutes of overall, ta-da. Here you are - my new Girlish cartoon image is born!!!

No comments: