“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Thursday, June 4, 2009

I Met A Road-gangster Last Night

It was a really horrible experience that I ever have lately. It happened last night on my way home after the basketball game. I took the shortcut which usually takes me about 15minutes to get home. The main road would spend me more than that because I have to pass by about seven traffic lights before I can reach home. I don’t want to waste the time. I just want to get home earlier and have my lovely dinner to fill up my hungry stomach after the exhausted game.

The shortcut is not as many cars as the main road. Plus, there is lack of the lamp posts along a 5minutes-road of the overall. And therefore, the condition is a bit dark and might be dangerous sometimes. Because, you know, anything would likely to happen in the darkness. Most of the crimes can happen easily in the absence of light. There is where the devils always are. I, like usual, was choosing the shortcut to get home last night. I’m quite familiar with the entire condition of the road, because I use it twice a day, from Monday to Friday every week for ages. I drive over it when I go to work and when I back home after work.

Everything was going so well like normal in the first place. I left my company, drove on the airport road (the airport is within a minute distance ahead), turn left in the halfway, passed through a gloom little path and then, drove along the way next to a park. And there it was the miserableness happening.

I was distracted by a very strong and dazzling light reflected from my back mirror when I was driving. I wondered who turn on the front car high-beamed spotlights from behind. I didn’t like it at all. It was certainly annoying. It caused discomfort to my eyes when I saw the bright reflection. He or she was not supposed to do that. I was in front. I mean, I know the road is lacking of brightness but I was leading others. After all, he or she could just follow me from behind. And, I thought I was driving with quite reasonable speed. So, what on earth exactly did he or she bother about? He or she could simply overtake me if he or she was rather rushed for time.

I would like to find out who did that. I looked in the back mirror and searched through the reflection. Oh, it came from a green car after another two following behind mine. It is a green old type Proton Saga. Gosh, there were totally three cars in front of that bloody green Saga! What on earth was he or she doing there? Deliberately agitated people?

Just a while, I saw that bloody green Saga overtook the other two behind me. The driver was a MAN. A Malay man. I guessed he would be trying to catch up and pass mine too. I wouldn’t mind. However, he did nothing behind me. He drove behind mine at a constant speed and with his extreme bright high-beamed spotlights. Shit. I was pretty sure that he did it intentionally. Was he too bored or something and wished to get someone to challenge with? Childish! Silly! Foolish!

He had definitely irritated me. I was getting really angry. He is a bastard. Absolutely a bloody blasted road hog. I wanted to get him back. I move to the inside lane and let him overtook me. He did. Now, I turn on my spotlights at high-beamed and move back to the outer lane and went behind him. I wanted him to suffer from the same thing. I wanted him to experience the same discomfort for being shot miserably by the high-beamed spotlights. It served him right.

After a moment, I aware he slowly moved his car to the inner lane. Did he give in to my “punishment” already? He couldn’t stand on my blinding high-beamed spotlights, could he? He would start to feel guilty about what he had done previously, wouldn’t he? I thought merrily.

When both of us were on the corner, he abruptly moved the car back to the outer lane and went behind me again, all happened in just a second. For an instant, I felt a lurch of shock. What the hell he was doing? “Keep steady,” I murmured to myself and held the steering still. He shot the spotlights on my car from behind and his car was getting very close to mine. I knew all these were done intentionally! I wasn’t frightened by what he did. It’s basically nonsense. I tried to get rid of him. On and off, I tried to speed in order to shake him off. But he was like a ghost, stalking me closely from behind, non-stop...!! Oh God, I hated him. I really hoped he would vanish instantly. Anyway, I had to find a way to quickly get myself off the hook. I didn’t want to be a prey like this.

I moved slowly, purposely kept the speed at about 40km per hour on the outer lane. I mean, I was not supposed to move that slow on the outer lane. It’s not allowed anyway. But somehow, I had no choice. I saw many cars overtook us from behind. I’m sorry for them.

When I came to a crossroad, I quickly turned right and ramped quickly into the small path. The bastard was slightly held up at the stop as there was a car coming. I took advantage of this delay and vanished into the small roads. I kept making left and right turn for the purpose of shaking off the guy completely. It was quite dangerous as I had to drive at high speed and watch out for the cars coming out from here and there. Thank God! I did it. I lost sight of the bastard finally. Cold sweat kept pouring out from my forehead when I reached the parking lot of my apartment.

After quite a while, I regained my calm. I told myself that I will never act like this again. I am just a little and vulnerable girl. What could really have turned out if something bad happens? It is really too foolish to have tried to pay back my anger to an idiot like this. I swear I will be more tolerant next time. I will try my best to ignore any such nuisance. Sorry to my dad and mum and my dearests for making you all worry!

4 comments:

元成 said...

发生什么了,你干嘛了,遇到流氓吗???
我好担心呀。。。。。

Jenjen said...

是啰。
星期三晚上我打完球后抄小路回家,半路遇到一个很不可理喻的路霸。因为真的很咽不下那口气,所以也一样画葫芦地用高灯照他。想借此让他知道被高灯射到的滋味。
结果他既然冥顽不灵,又忽然把车驾到我车的后面,然后又用高灯照我。真是超级无敌地混蛋一个。
不过,我最后还是成功把他给摆脱了。有一点惊险啰。下次我还是be more tolerant一点,以免又惹祸上身。
昨天老爸看了我的blog后还特地打电话来念了我一顿。不过我知道爸爸也是挺担心我的。所以我和爸爸保证下次不敢了。(^^)

虫子 said...

jenjen,
讲理的就不叫路霸了,下次不要和他们一般见识了。
自己的安全最重要。

Jenjen said...

是啰,那天之后还真为自己冲动的行为感到后悔呢。
为了自己的安全着想,下次一定不敢了。^^