“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Sis is coming down to JB

Well, I headed to Senai Airport straight away after work to pick up my dearest piggy sis. Hee hee… Her flight arrived in Johor at about 6pm, exactly as scheduled. She didn’t bring many things but a light backpack, filled with her clothes and some other stuff, and an almost empty square bag with her. I guess she might want to fill that boxy bag with her shopping stuff later. All in all is less than 5kg. Huh. She even told me smugly that the ground crew was suggesting her that she could hand carry this utterly light luggage by herself, but she didn’t want. What a lazy sister! Ha-ha…

Anyway, the time was still early and we whizzed off to a hair saloon near to my house after that, before we went for our dinner tonight. We both had the idea of having our hair trimmed nicely. We are going to Singapore tomorrow morning for our weekend. And therefore, we both wanted to get ourselves ready and look absolutely nice for the whole trip in Singapore later.

When we popped in to the saloon, we saw the hairdresser was halfway serving a lady. It’s ok. Just a customer in the whole saloon and we thought he would be serving us very soon. The hairdresser’s assistance ushered us each to the high heel chairs. We sat down and he started washing our hair in turn. We picked a magazine each and leafed through the pages casually. In between, we constantly gossiping while waiting for our turn.

Shampooing, massaging over the top of our head and washing the bubbles away. All took nearly 20minutes to complete. It’s certainly longer than I used to have before. I mean, it’s a bit unusual today because the process should takes no more than 10minutes to complete. But now, he was taking two times longer than usual. Ok. It didn’t matter. We didn’t have to be bothered by this. Anyhow, we carried on our chatter blissfully. We talked about my sis’ university life in Curtin, about Ah Chii, Ah Yew, dad and mum, about clothes, about shoes, about my life in Johor, about our exciting trip to Singapore tomorrow and so on.

Then, there was a mid-age woman pushed the class door open and came in with a boy. Like us, the assistance ushered them politely to the seats. Oh, they would be going after us, I thought nonchalantly.

The hairdresser had eventually finished servicing his lady customer. Ho-ho-ho. It’s our turn now. Our turn after being waiting for ages. We got slightly excited now. But to our surprise, the hairdresser moved all his hairdressing tools toward the mid-age woman and her son. Oh god. Hey, come here. It should be our turn! They came behind us. We were prior to them. Somehow, I was pissed off but I didn’t cry out. I need to be polite. After all, I was in a public area. I should control my burst out bad temper. I don’t want people call me as a shrew lady after that. Ok, just be patient to this bloody hairdresser again and asked him for reason afterwards.

Finally, we both end up having our dinner after 9.30pm. You know what. We wasted about 3 hours there just for a simple haircut which suppose to be done within thirty minutes. For God’s sake, he told me that because the mid-age woman had been making the reservation earlier before she came. If it was so, why didn’t he inform us in the beginnng so that we both could go to have our dinner first? He did it deliberately because he afraid he would lose the two potential customers tonight. He is definitely a bloody cow who wasting our precious time in nonsense.

No comments: