“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Monday, June 8, 2009

My Yummy Kampua Noodles

Hey, look at the pictures that my hubby took last night. Does it make you watering? It looks pretty delicious, doesn’t it? Hee hee hee… It’s one of my super duper favorite foods – Kampua noodles (干盘面). Mind you, it’s genuinely made in Sibu, Sarawak!


Oh, it’s basically my idea to ask my hubby to bring it back for me. He had been going back to Sarawak in attending his best friend’s wedding reception last week. Therefore, I grasped the chance by asking him to bring me one or two packets just when he came back last night.

To be true, I honestly miss these Kampua noodles very much. I can only taste it if I back to my hometown (Sarawak). I mean, you can easily find the similar Kampua noodles (sometimes, people here call it as Wanton noodles 云吞面 or Kamlao noodles 干捞面) in Johor, or any other places in West Malaysia, too but the taste is completely different even though they look quite identical to each other. Believe me. That’s true. You will notice the difference if you had actually tried them out. After all, I still prefer the one from my hometown. *wink*

I love Kampua noodles. I like its yummy taste and delighted aroma. There are two types – one is so called the white one which is also the original one, and another one is blended with soya source- we call it as the black one. Both of them are delicious. Some of the people like the black one and the others stick to the white one. It’s all depends on ones’ favor. You can order either one or both together, just like me, if you could finish them. Ha!

When I ordered it in my hometown, I used to have it with a bowl of lightly seasoned steaming soup and some Wantons. They are the perfect combination. Huh~ I certainly admit that I can’t resist its temptation at all. Oh, Yummy, yummy, and again YUMMY!

No comments: