“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Dragon Fruit Tree Was Blossoming Last Night

Do you know, I was a bit surprised when my sis told me that the dragon fruit tree in the backyard of our house was blossoming last night. The dragon fruit tree was FLOWERING. Oh my god. A pure white gorgeous flower was growing on the tip of the plant. Wow, it’s kind of amazing. I mean, I have never imagined that could appear in our garden and they all managed to snap it in time. Everything was out of blue. Ho-ho…

Anyway, it was really bad I couldn’t see it in person. And therefore, my sis had sent me a few of its photos, just right when it was happening last night, so that I could enjoy the miracle moment of blossoming with them too.


Here is the flower bud. It looks a bit huge.


The petals of the dragon fruit flower was slowly unfurled in the dark night.




Ooh... Look at it. The petals looked so immaculate, so delicate, as though the white feathers of a dove surrounding the pistil and the filaments. My sis told me it was about a size of a big bowl after it had fully spread out.

No comments: