“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Monday, July 27, 2009

Internet Line Resume Eventually

Oh-oh-oh! It’s coming back to normal finally. I expect you know what I’m talking here. If you are not, just look at the subject of this new entry and you will get what I mean.

My internet line had been broken-down since last Thursday night… or it could be the whole Thursday, I guess. I only found it out after I back home and trying to access to internet as usual after my dinner. However, I just couldn’t get in. The IE (Internet Explorer) kept showing “The page cannot be displayed”. Oh goodness. It happened again. I mean, it used to happen lately, frankly quite often and almost come to once a month or at least once in two months. I should comment this as a serious matter, shouldn’t I? Every time when it happens, it in fact makes me feel like I’m isolated from the outside world. It gives the feeling - I’m alone. You know. It’s truly frustrating.

When the every first time (as well as the following 2nd and 3rd times) I met this, I thought it was my modem and router causing my line down. I thought if they gonna be damaged by the strong lightning - this is always the common problem that people usually meet and it causing me to think that I could become one of the victims too. Therefore, I ended up to bring my modem and router to my neighbor’s place and tested them out over her internet line. Well, everything was just working pretty fine there. So, clearly the problem was not coming from my side and obviously the root cause should be on the ADSL itself.

I finally called up to the Streamyx Customer Service Center and complained them about this matter. I had even told them I was going to ask for a rebate if the line was going to breakdown for too many days. I pay for the bill every month and I should deserve a good and satisfying service that I have paid for. Doesn’t it make sense?

The operator recorded down whatever I said and apologized of any inconvenient caused to me. Well. Ok, fine. I felt better. She said she would get her technician to settle the problem as quick as possible upon my complaint. So, I assumed they had really sorted that out as what they promised, and my line went back to normal after a day of breaking-down. I was quite happy with Streamyx, just right before I change my mind.

For God’s sake, the same thing happens again and again after a few months and it appears bloody frequent lately. The latest one was starting on last Thursday. To be honest, I’m getting really pissed off to this Streamyx. It could be the time to browse for a better internet service, I think…

No comments: