“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Marshmallow Parfait… Oishii!

We both had ordered this marshmallow parfait the other day after our Yaki-Soba lunch. No special reason that turning out we chose this delicious dessert. It’s just… you know… greedy tongue. We both were tempted by its bright and attractive picture on the menu and so, why didn't just give it a try, since we had been quite a while never touch on dessert. Ok, it’s not completely true. Well, at least it is considered true for this few weeks. Ha-ha.

All these marshmallows keep me remembering the time being worked as a part-time waitress in an English Café (Gorge Café) in Plymouth, UK. I used to prepare the drink for the customers and frankly was wondering why English people take these marshmallows with their hot drink. They dipped it into their hot drink and eat it after that. I always thought it has to be eaten separately, like a candy. Well, this combination was completely new and fresh to me. Is this one of the Western culture? Ok. May be I was too overreacted and … hmm… lack of knowledge. Anyway, it’s interesting.

Besides, I still remember the very first time I did the first cup of tea with some cream on top and a few marshmallows next to the cup on the plate. Everything was done in perfect except the cream. It’s kind of collapsed and honestly really ugly and shame to serve it to customers. Well, deep down, I was quite enjoyed the moment even though I kept screwing it up for quite a few times before I succeeded. Oh no, I start to miss the moment again…

No comments: