“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Thanks God, I've Got Them by The End.

God, I have them by the end! They are belonged to me completely now and I still a bit can’t believe the fact that I’m having them. All of them are now line up nicely in front of me. Black-and-white Mickey and Minnie from the Steamboat Willie released in 1928, Mickey acted as the conductor of an outdoor orchestra in The Band Concert cartoon in 1935, and the bright colourful Mickey and Minnie from the Brave Little Tailor cartoon released in 1938. I can’t stop myself from smiling smugly every time I gaze at these Mickey and Minnie figurines collection in the display boxes. I could tell you honestly that I almost missed them. I saw them the week before last week from a stall in the flea market which held every Sunday in China Square, Singapore. By the time, I had already got a few Mickey and Minnie figurines from the other stalls which cost me entirely S$42. There are overall 14 pieces. I fumbled about whether to buy in this new set or not because the cheapest price the stall owner could offer me was S$24, which seemed to be a bit expensive. S$24 for merely 5 pieces of them. I dithered on this quite a while and finally decided to give up.

Somewhere in my mind aroused me that I just started for this collection and shouldn’t have to spend everything in hurry. After all, money was still being the first and main concern amongst everything. I thought this was like the shopping principle – you don’t buy something which is considered expensive and would rather go for something cheaper, do you? I might be able to get the same pieces with cheaper price someday.

Ok. I admitted that my thought was not entirely correct. A real collector instead should put the priority to the piece they want to collect. They are always so desired for the piece. Might be I still hadn’t quite understood about its value exactly yet. I mean, for a normal avid collector, this sort of price shouldn’t have to be a matter to them. They could simply pay it off and get the things home. Otherwise, it could easily go to the others if you missed the chance. Well. This explained why I got really regretted about my previous decision afterwards. I wanted them desperately. What if someone had buy them off? Oh no. I should grip them and bring them home the day I saw it. I shouldn’t let them slip away.

Since I had sorted out my priorities, I rushed to the stall again in the following Sunday and luckily, they were still there. Without second thought anymore, I gripped them firmly this time and quickly paid off the money. The stall owner only charged me for S$22 for the set in my second visit. Oops, S$2 less. I’ve no idea why she did so. Well. It’s a flea market, so the price could be easily fluctuated. I just kept quiet and paid off the amount. And, look. They are in my collection now.

No comments: