“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bowling Time

I like the feeling of smashing and speeding. Of course I don't do speeding on the road. It's completely dangerous. Instead, I go for sports. I get these two fantastic feelings over the sports that I really like. Squash and basketball are my favorite sports and adding to these, bowling has just turned into one of them too.

My hubby is the main one who bring me to this bowling sport. Ok. Honestly, I had ever played bowling about million ages ago. But I did quite badly with that because I didn't get a proper guidance from somebody who has experience. My bowling ball just kept whirling swiftly into the trenches no matter how I threw it. I was quite fed up with my skill and I thought I didn't get any bowling sense, and therefore I didn't continue again ever after that awful experience.

In order to arouse my interest in bowling again, my hubby kept persuading and encouraging me to come over with him together in the weekend. Well. I like sports, so why didn't I give myself another chance again. If I could get my hubby to teach me and learn the technique adequately, may be I could do better beyond what I ever expected.

We had these before we proceeded to the bowling game this afternoon.


This is me, a novice bowler. I’m holding a grade 8 bowling ball.


My hubby’s show time. I like the way he shot the ball – always keep straight towards the targeted pin (my ones are always either roll off-course or producing a lousy BANANA-trend of rolling at the end). He could do a few effective strikes in each round. This is what I’m aiming now.



Tell you what, this had been my third time there and also the moment I got this highest mark ever in my previous record. Well, I know 86 is not something to smug of, it’s not even getting to 150 the pass mark yet, but I just can't keep myself from great exhilaration as though I had won a big lottery. I hardly get this mark. It could be the highest marks I could ever get in million years. Woo-ha-ha.



Basically I just changed a litte bit of the way I used to throw the bowling ball. My hubby commented that the way I threw the bowling ball was like something out-of-control. Haha. I just didn't care.

I kept my right arm slightly bent at the elbow, made a very quick but smooth move, almost running, meantime spared all my energy at my arm. Retracted my arm behind my body, like cradling and then arced the bowling ball from back to front and released it at full power. It rolled extremely fast at an almost straight direction on the flat wooden surface towards my targeted pin at 3rd position and finally knocked down as many pins as it could by the end. Do you know, when you release the big bowling ball with your full energy and by the time it hits on the 10 pins and they all scatter fiercely up and down, left and right, the feeling is kind of WOO. It's an absolutely great feeling.

Tired? Let's had our afternoon tea at StarBucks.

No comments: