“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The First Lesson

As what I told you in my previous post that I started my class this evening. It’s my 1st class. I was initially nervous but when the time getting nearer and nearer, I started to feel contented and steady inside. I know I was settled down.

So, fine. I got everything ready in hand and went to the class after my dinner (I even watched a little bit of the Hong Kong episodes –“宫心计”before I left home, hee-hee). I reached there about ten minutes before the class started. None of my students was coming yet. I had a little chat with the clerk, Jasmine before I went into the class. She told me that I didn’t have to bother anything except teaching the students. She would take over all the admin and registration stuff for me. Oh, this was brilliant! Honestly, I don’t really like to handle all the piddling little stuff. Believe me; they would sometimes get you truly piss off, especially when you deal with the parents. The headmistress told me that some of the parents terribly fell behind with the tuition fee and they only settled it after two months. Some of the cases are, they even ran away without settled the balance. Goodness. This is ridiculous, as though they are real frauds. Oh, shame on them.

After that, I went into the class and got myself ready for the new challenge. I took out the reference booklet, scribbled some notes on the whiteboard while waiting for the students. I even started to imagine how I was going to start my first speech, how to convey the lesson and anything.

The time slipped away bit by bit. None of them was showing their appearance yet. Jasmine knocked on the door and softly pushed the door open. She said,“Jenny, I think there is something wrong in between. I just called to one of the students and she said nobody told her that she is having class tonight.” WHAT!!!??? “Let’s talk to the headmistress since she is the one who deal with them,” she added. “Ok,” I replied.

We both talked to the headmistress over the phone and it eventually turned out that there was a little misunderstanding in between the headmistress and the students. She kept apologized to me about the mess tonight. Oh, well. I was fine. To be honest, I didn’t get any furious at all, instead, a little lucky sense was sparkling inside. May be behind my mind I was thinking that I could just go back and continue my Hong Kong episodes tonight. Oh, bad naughty Jen.

So at the end, my first class tonight was actually called off. Or, I should say it’s being postponed to next Wednesday. Hee-haw!

No comments: