“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Monday, November 2, 2009

Will it be easy to be a good tutor?

Honestly, I don't know. I'm going to start my new part-time career very soon. I will be a Form1 English tutor starting exactly from this coming Wednesday. Gosh. My heart is thumping hard these few days as though I was going to attend an interview. I'm not sure if I’m really over-excited or nervous or because of less of confidence. Perhaps either one. After all, this is my first class. People will get nervous every when their first time, don't they? So am I.

I don't know how it's going to be with my first lesson. With my new students. With all the stranger faces and environment.

Oh yes. What should I do when in the class? What kind of material should I prepare for them? I need something or... anything that would arouse their interest of learning English and let them fall in love with my lesson. I should find a way to get them involved and enjoyed my teaching. This isn’t sounded easy at all. Anyway, it’s a big challenge and I will take it.

But, will they listen to me? Will they afraid me? Will they respect me as their tutor? Or may be they don't care either. May be this is actually their parents ideas to send them here. What they want is to get home as quick as possible, to turn on the telly and watch the programs, to stick to their MSN or Facebook or anything after all these few boring hours in tuition center. Goodness. What kind of all this bloody thought I have! I shouldn't upset myself, not even before the class starts.

Look at the bright side, may be there are students really come over for some after-school supplementary learning in order to improve the weakness in their current study. They would appreciate the chance. I should assist them by giving them whatever helps in their study just like what my teachers did for me when I was a schoolgirl. Oh, this is getting exciting.

I will start my class from 7.45pm to 9.45pm on every Wednesday evening. Yes, it's going to be a two hours lesson. I will be a tutor; I think this would be an incredible job. I hope I won't screw or mess it up by the end. Bless me. *fingers-crossed*

2 comments:

杨 霓 said...

我相信你会是个好老师!
你的学生们有福啦!
加油!

Jenjen said...

Nini,谢谢你的鼓励。
希望这真的是他们的"福",不是"祸"啰。(紧张兮兮的)
明天就是我的第一堂课了,我一定要告诉自己"加油、加油、加油!"。请为我祈祷一下下吧。(还是很紧张,不知道今晚睡得着吗?!)