“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Monday, February 15, 2010

Catch Up With David

I always think that a festival like Chinese New Year is a really good opportunity to link you and your old plus long-time-apart friend together, besides what it does to you and dearly family too. Of course, you can simply catch up with your friend nowadays over the MSN or chat over the 3G phone, Skype and every advanced communication channel. However, what could be more heart-warming than visiting a friend, face to face in real, instead of just catch up through a voice or an electronic device screen?

So was I. I met up with David this afternoon after I came back from a few visits to my relatives. David was my ex-secondary schoolmate since Form 4. He was an Engineer before he changed his career to be a teacher. I, as well as the others, was getting really astonished after me first being told that David is teaching Mandarin in the primary school. Oh goodness. He was really poor in that subject which meanwhile almost killing him in his school life. Frankly, this is a bit unbelievable to anyone of us. Ha. Anyway, let’s cross our fingers and wish him GOOD LUCK. David, give your best, I know you can make it! Blessed you~

No comments: