“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Monday, February 8, 2010

Good Luck Mandarin Oranges

Whew~ It was really tired after being moving all the six heavy boxes of Mandarin Oranges into the office with Loon in the morning and then distributed them to my colleagues who had joined the feast of Chinese New Year held on last Friday. Oh yah! BK asked me to help him for buying another two boxes too and it counted in there.

We had this so called ANNUAL feast of Chinese New Year or my Chinese crew usually call it as “收工酒”in Mandarin almost every a week before the festival. I couldn’t remember this was how many time I had been the organizer again since I first joined the TLM. But, one thing that I’m very sure is I’m expert in this event now, after being doing it for many times. Ha.

Well. I have a few comments to the dishes especially the port served in bright red colour one - "万山蹄(红猪手)". I felt the overall appearance was a bit frightening as though something was dipping in the blood. Yuck!

I think most of the people didn’t like it well. It’s not my favorite so I didn’t even taste it at all. But I did have a few feedbacks from my crew that the dish smelled and tasted weird. I told the lady boss about this when I paid off the bill and she replied me the dish was actually cooked with some sort of traditional rice wine. Meantime, there was another lady customer just came over made the same complaint to the lady boss too after listening to what I feedback. So, obviously there were not many people could bear with its unique smell and taste.

Another comment was about the braised pork belly served with bun. The bun was well steamed and tasted soft. But the braised pork belly was not juicy enough. Instead, it felt liked the meat being roasted in the sun for long. Over baked. I felt it was hard to get down. Gosh.

By the end, there was some balance left over in the budget and everyone was agreed to convert these into the good luck Mandarin oranges and had it shared among everyone. Besides, I had added some Bakkwa to make it more festive too! Ho-ho...

No comments: