“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Sunday, February 28, 2010

There Were Fireworks Here

Oh FINALLY I saw the fireworks in JB tonight! How great!!

I mean, I had been coming back to JB for nearly a week but unfortunately, I did not see anyone set off the fireworks or even the firecrackers until tonight. The festive mood over here seems to be pretty quiet and boring and not as cheerful and strong as those in my hometown. Gosh. How come? Because of the recession?

Well, whatever. It’s Chap Goh Meh – the last moment of the Chinese New Year before twelve o’clock tonight. I talked to my brothers and sister over the phone about fifteen minutes ago before they let off the fireworks. I was complaining to them that nobody was playing the fireworks or firecrackers here. At least I didn’t see any. Well, may be God listen to what I said. Right after a while of our chat, there were lots of fireworks coming through and blooming fabulously in the dark sky. Oh wow!
Our Chap Goh Meh dinner…
This was sent over through MMS by my little bro...

No comments: