“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Put On the New Contact Lenses

Do I look good without wearing the specs?

My hubby commented that I should touch up my eyes a bit with double eyelid stickers to create an illusion of bigger eyes and then, conceal the stickers with the black colour of eyeliner. Oops, my face did show bare and pale when I took off the glasses. Ok, I will take in his advice!
This was my first time to wear the contact lens and I had faced some difficulties . The salesgirl from the eyewear shop exclaimed that this was normal for the newbie. Especially that everyone scare to get their finger on their eyeballs. Goodness. I tell you it was really frightening! As though you were touching your flesh. You might hurt your eyes directly - this was what I always thought and therefore I had never ever tried that in my life. I suddenly feel that I was pretty brave today!

After several times of struggling - a bit tricky to get my eyes opened probably and let the lens attached to it, this almost took me 40 minutes before I could really get it done. “Yeeesss!” I cried out, unable to stop myself, and punched the air. Yes, I got to fix it in at the end! Phew.

Then, I tried to take it off again. It took me no more than a few seconds. Oh my God. This was very much easier than to put it on. Ha.

No comments: