“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I Was Getting Pissed Off Last Night

My next-door neighbour was appealing to me again yesterday when I was there (at our new house) to lock the main entrance and the gate before I went to the class. I do not pass the keys to people who do the renovation for us. Instead, either of us goes there to open and lock the door everyday. Now, the pregnant lady from next door came towards me and explained about her concerns, for second time.

Well, before this, her husband did approach me once to do the same thing. He shared me their concern of flying dust during our new home renovation and I apologized about that and also explained to him that this is definitely unavoidable and hoped he could just bare with us for a few more weeks. He was pretty kind enough for not been arguing on this topic anymore and willing to be kinda tolerant to us. I suppose he knew (or ever experienced) the situation well. Anyhow, I still passed this message to the renovation team, just that they didn’t take any action after that.

You know, pregnant women are tended to be more sensitive, stubborn, and impatient and over-worried as well. They are sometimes behaved in sort of irrational way with less deep thought as though their minds get stuck when hormone changed during their pregnancy. So, was she, I guess.

I was thinking she might not be able to bear with the dust carried by wind flying to her side which made their cars and car porch dirty. She probably also couldn’t stand with her husband who had been choosing to tolerate with us in this case. She was desperate! (I was, too!). Thereby, she approached me when there was a chance yesterday.

Frankly, I was quite pissed off especially there were many things coming after another which I could barely have time to give myself a good rest. I was indeed very tired. Tired of the trouble. Tired of the heavy workload. Tired of the complaints. Tired of when the circumstances of my life seemed more like tempests!

I spoke to my God when I was driving home last night. I prayed for the solution because I was utterly mindless… He was listening. I knew it because I could feel it. “He lets me rest in green meadow; he leads me beside peaceful streams.” – PSALM23:2

He shed me some light - some ideas triggered me and I suddenly figured out what I could do for the next. I called up Mr. Pang (the leader of the renovation team) to voice out this issue and requested him to take it serious. We need to think for their baby. Ow, should be unborn child. (Perhaps, it was me who over-worried this time.) Fortunately, he was thoughtful enough to cooperate with me this time and meantime kept pacifying me. He said we were too nice to our neighbours even though practically nobody would care about this sort of complaints because everyone knows that renovation work usually goes like this. This has been a matter of fact since long time ago.

Well, yeah. He is right. May be we are kind of... *wimpy*

No comments: