“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Monday, November 22, 2010

5-Hour in KLIA

It took me two hours to reach KLIA by flight.

It’s around half past four when I got off the plane. I had a long extra five hours before my next transit flight to JB. I pushed the trolley where my cabin luggage and the camera bag were and meandered from shop to shop in the airport.

I stopped at a bookstore, picked a magazine and stood next to the rack and leafed through the pages quietly. On and off there were a few people passing over me. I was concentrating on certain pages which writing about some interesting celebrities’ gossip. Oops!

Continuously I opened another one for reading again after I finished the one in my hands.

On top of that, I browsed the novels on the racks too. Thinking of buying a book again, no specific book I aimed to buy home, just any that could attract me (this is one of my favourite things to do when in the bookstore).

I found the Sherlock Holmes in two volumes with RM38++ each. Errhemm… A bit pricey. I took one of them down and opened and quickly glimpsed through a few lines. I did the same thing on another book. This novel is pretty famous all over the world; I should get myself a set too. Or, perhaps I could get them from Harris JB where I would be entitled for 10% discount and the item price would probably be even cheaper than these sold in airport. Right. I put them back onto the rack again eventually.

It’s quite some time I spent in the bookstore. Time to move on. When almost I stepped out from the shop, I suddenly spotted a book with a little bright red sticker reading “Now For Only RM15” on the cover. It’s a wedding book!

I quickly took it down and turned over the pages. There were many comprehensive wedding planning guides complete with checklist and every aspect that a bride-to-be should have to know on her upcoming nuptials. Why on earth I had never thought about to buy one of those? My hubby would propose to me anytime and there would have loads of things to carry out after that. Did we really know what they were?

Oh my God. I had to get myself one of these! I need a checklist! I need a wedding planner! We need an idea the order in which to plan our wedding! We definitely want to make our big day happens and cherished and remembered for the rest of life.

Without second thought, I grabbed the wedding book and paid off the money at the counter. Then I left the store with my trolley and the new wedding book in hand now!

No comments: