“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Purple Thing in Mum’s Garden




Guess what’s this? Eggplant - they call it. Before this I did not know what this veggie was called. I used to call it as “purple thing”, barely know that Chinese people name it as “茄子” (Qie-Zi). Well, my parents like it but I do not. It tastes YUCK to me. My mum likes to put it on the menu.

When I was a little girl, my parents always liked to put that sticky thing on my plate and I just wanted to dump it into the bin. If I did that, my mum would definitely give me a total rocket (I knew that because I had many times before and finally end up with more on my plate).

Anyhow, this plant is rich in some kind of nutrition value and it is ideal for maintaining optimum health. Also, it’s a great weapon for whoever wishes to get a weight loss too. Ha.

No comments: