“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pleasant Trio

We were lucky enough for bumping into Madam Ann’s piano lesson after our violin class tonight. This is not the main point! The point is, she was very kind to invite Low and me to duet with her. Goodness.

Our hearts were pounding hard, we were fluttered with fear at the first place. Low had ever told me that she scolds her students in front of many when they made mistake, so I was pretty nervous. Out of tune has always been the weakest point to my play, thereby I was pretty afraid that it would happen in front of her this time. That would be really embarrassing if I got blamed.

Ok. Cool down, cool down, and cool down – I told myself in heart. I took a deep breath and started the first bow. Moon River, this was the piece. Let’s started - VIOLINs (beginners) versus PIANO (Pro) – here come the end of the world.

My fingers were slightly shivering when bowing. I was not in robust mode. I bet Low was the same. Ha. We had been very discreet to avoid making any mistake for the play. We just didn’t want to embarrass ourselves and screw up the atmosphere.

First, we were in stress and she could felt it from our scratchy play. She wanted us to be more relaxing and to imagine that we were on an enchanted prairie that was as virtuous as fairy wonderland, breathing in the fragrance of nature and let our mind floating in the breeze. The music should be spreading out beautifully like sprinkles rather than as though people pulling a sack of groceries on the rough surface.

Ok. We tried for a few times and finally we did!! Our violin was now in tune with her piano. We did it at the end!! Although it’s just a bitty part.

We both had a consensus that, it’s Madam Ann’s beautiful tune on piano been the main gear driven us to produce a pleasing and harmonious sound on violin. For a moment, we ever forgot where we were and all the nervousness. We felt like walking into another wonderland as she described. Wow! I felt I was inspired again tonight!

No comments: