“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Monday, May 23, 2011

Happy Woman In Her Little Kitchen

Does it look yummy to you? I hope it does. *giggle*


That’s the fried rice I cooked for dinner on last Saturday night. Besides, I had made several other dishes too for the weekend like mushroom chicken soup (with Dang Gui), steamed fish (with a few slices of mushroom too and also wolfberries) in soya source, scrambled egg with leek, sautéed pak choy with Japanese tofu, sautéed water spinach, and mixed veggies. I got many compliments from my darling after he tasted the food I cooked. So yippee!!


Tell you what, I love to be the weekend-housewife, especially after I own my private kitchen. Although I do most cooking at weekend, but I indeed enjoy the fun. That’s another good thing I found after shopping. Haha!

I have got to think about the different menu for every weekend and make sure they could arouse my hubby’s appetite. This is another exciting bit about cooking!

Share you another little secret – I found that my hubby prefers going home for the meal rather than going out to the restaurants nowadays. Well, previously he didn’t like to eat the food I cooked because they mostly tasted mild and also lack of meat in the ingredient (I used to cook something which I thought were ‘super’ healthy – less salt, less oil, less meat, almost vegetarian, neither fry or stir, nor MSG or people call it as Ajinomoto, but merely served in steamed way). All those could not fulfill his greedy taste and stomach even. Hence, he went to eat outside.

But now, it’s changed. My cooking seems to have won his attention back and astonished him that he starts to like the dishes I cook. That’s certainly a great approval and compliment to my effort!

Thanks darling. Surely, I will make you fond of my cooking INCREDIBLELY… Not by any voodoo. Haha!

(P/S: Credits go to my dearest father too. Thanks for teaching and sharing me the useful tips of making the dishes. Love you always too!! Hee-hee)

2 comments:

Whirley said...

that food looks incredible! you seem like a lot of fun, thank you for making me smile this morning.. I was feeling so crabby about sitting in my work cubicle!

Jenjen said...

Thanks Whirly. Glad my post could brighten up your dull morning.
Yeah, it was fun and very enjoying to make the food especially for someone you love. Hee-hee~ ^^