“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Heaven And The Hell

These are the two comments I can think of, for the two main courses I made– bitter gourd soup and the golden prawn rice.

To be honest, I felt regret to buy these smaller type of bitter gourd. I should rather choose the ordinary type (in much bigger size). The hawker had even reminded me that this smaller type was much bitterer than the ordinary ones while not many people could take it.

At the moment I was acting smart to think that if the more bitter the gourd, the nutrition should get higher too. Apparently I was wrong. I end up with stewing in my own grease.

I felt regret, after I tasted the soup. I shouldn’t buy it. The bitterness was extravagant and awful regardless of adding the sweet corn to soften the unbearable horror taste. We both felt hard to take it. It tasted really bad, to be honest with you. Why on earth did I have that bloody thought in mind?! No more next time.

Fortunately, I still had this golden prawn rice to comfort my tummy and make me felt better after enduring the failure in bitter gourd soup. I mean, at least I didn’t spoil all my cooking today.

No comments: