“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Monday, July 11, 2011

Finalising The Menu For A Slap-up Dinner

We are hosting a soft house-warming dinner on this coming Saturday night that only a few of my friends will be invited. I will be the chef for preparing the whole meal on that night. And, for sure, my hubby will be offering his generous assistance to serve our guests at full hospitality too.

After going thru the different ideas with my hubby tonight, we both have finally come to a consensus. The menu plays out as such:
1) Kimchi soup
2) Chicken with capsicums
3) Kong Pao cuttlefish
4) Mixed veggie
5) Fish fillet in Thai Flavour

Oh God. What a challenging task to prepare all the dishes above in a short patch! Crossed-fingers, anyway.

My hubby has even suggested serving dessert after dinner. He proposes a small piece of cake for each. I’ve certainly no problem but just wonder if the ladies still can take in anymore after such a whole bunch of meal? Ha. Let’s see how, then.

This is the first round. I’m going to throw another round for my buddies in the next soon.

No comments: