“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Friday, September 2, 2011

Get The Marriage Solemnization Appointment Done

O… Finally I get this bit done! I was quite worried about that I couldn’t get any assistant registrar on the desired date – might be we couldn’t get one on the date or they might had their own schedule set which we would have to strictly follow with, or whatever. Thanks God! All the worries are turned out to be an extra and they are all over now.

My dad recommended his former primary school teacher Mr. 許世韜 to me. My darling let me make the decision. So, I tried to approach him this morning. Meanwhile, I had a quick review on his personal profile on the web which a journalist had given him an interview a few months ago and published the content on the press. He must have done something great so that he could be like others who got interviewed by the media, I thought.

Riffling thru line by line, he is a man of profound learning in many fields and utterly enthusiastic in community affairs especially in his young age. He was not just been the teacher in primary and secondary schools but also the headmaster of several high schools. Besides, he participated in quite a loads Sibu societies and acted as former secretary of Gao Yang Xu Association, secretary in United Chinese Association Sibu, committee of the Sibu Red Cross, editor of Methodist Press, founder of the Dao Opera Troup and many more. Wow, impressive!! He is now being the representative of the World Association for Christian Communication in Malaysia.

The main point is, he has 13-year experience of an assistant registrar. I thought he could be the one we looked for. Without second thought, I tried to call him. Unfortunately the line seemed did not work smooth while there were very noisy at the other side and we both couldn’t hear our voice clearly. He was not in Sibu, as he told over the phone. He apologised and promised to call me back once he reached Sibu. He sounded like he was outside the town and was going back soonest. Fine. I could wait.

A few hours later he called me back again.

We had a little chat over the phone. First I introduced myself and next I told him the reason I looked for him. He was pretty friendly and nice to me, by listening to the way he spoke. However, he was no longer performing the job and almost in retirement mode.

I see. Sad.

Luckily, there is always a way out when you come to a tight corner. He told me that his son 许守勤 is succeeding to the post now. Wow, like father like son. Both have and is holding the assistant registrar post in their life.

He gave me his son’s contact number. So, again I spoke the same thing to his son after the line was connected. I booked the appointment with him on Sep29 over the phone after he accepted my request. But he required me to remind him again a week before the solemnization date in order to confirm our attendance. That’s easy-peasy. Ha.

That’s it! I got the appointment done eventually.

I’m now a bride-to-be who is looking forward to her upcoming marriage solemnization ceremony by the end of this month. *giggling*

No comments: