“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Saturday, September 10, 2011

One More New Levi’s Glasses Added To My Cart

One hour ago I was affirming to my darling to control my expenses so that we can save up additional money for our next trip to Hong Kong which is also our honeymoon vacation. Next hour, I popping in to the eyerwear shop (I’m the regular customer there) where I was first going to replace the shabby old rubber pads.

Instinctively, my eyes scanned thru all different frames resting on the glassy shelves and in the cabinet. I was intending to look for the new cK frames, if any. cK has become my first option for glasses since two years ago. I’m obsessed by its simple fabulous design which simply matching to my personal taste. For a moment, I could also sense that I was about breaking the promise again.

After several time of searching, I didn’t find any of its kind. I asked the salesman if they had ordered any new cK frame in the store. He replied very seldom lately. Disappointed. On the other hand, it was good too as I could pull up myself from extra spending again

However, my eager mind didn’t seem to be languishing simply. Shit. Before I could stop myself, “Can you bring me some other black frames which you think they suit me?”

After a while, the salesman re-appeared again with a big grin. He lined up the frames on the table to let me tried on. I didn’t want those come with the rubber pads anymore as it’s easily out of angle when forcibly pressed by accident.

Finally, I chose the one from Levi’s. No additional adjustment or gadget this time. Probably this is what I’m looking for.

After got my eyes examined, my shortsighted degree was well-remained. Luckily no more increment! So, frame cum glasses which cost me RM600 in total. Another big dent in my pocket again. (T^T)

No comments: