“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Art Introductory Workshop

This is my first piece of oil paint during the introductory workshop I attended this morning. I know it looks ugly but I think this is still counted as a kind of art too. A BEGINNER ART in oil painting! Ha.



In front of us, there were three objects – a white ball, a green squared box, and a banana, aligned in a random manner on a cloth with a table lamp projecting the light on them. What I did is, kept an eye on the objects straight from my point of view (the viewing angle) and made them in to my painting. That’s it. It’s sounded easy but in fact it’s not. Quite challenging, be honest.

That’s not a complete proper painting. Rather, it’s merely a practice after every fundamental thought and theory about art that enlightened by Chankerk - our instructor, we fathomed out and integrated them in our painting.

The hands-on was really fun! I like it and I found myself was inspired by their great philosophy associated with art too. At the end, I decided to sign up an 8-lesson program on oil painting which I will spend every of my Saturday afternoon at here for two months. That’s very exciting!

No comments: