“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Saturday, December 17, 2011

An Affair With An Elephant

People wondering why I pick an elephant in next piece of oil paint. Well-well. The story should begin years ago. When in the last year of my stay in Plymouth, I spotted a really huge piece of elephants painting in the living hall of Brenda’s house. She bought it from Africa in her vacation.

It’s pretty impressive that many elephants ambling by the river side. They were elephant mama, elephant papa, elephant babies and many more. They’re a whole sweetest elephant family. Family is always the most important one in mine. I treasure this biological bond between each other so much. I hoped I could have one picture of that too. I want to make it on my own.

I just start the first layer of painting last week. My classmates and the instructor commented the elephant was cute, more like a baby elephant. Okay. May be it was. I told them – it’s going to grow up in the next few weeks. Ha.

No comments: