“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Monday, February 6, 2012

Met My Hometown Friend - Norman Chieng On Chap Goh Meh

We had been located in the same class from Primary 1 to Primary 4 and he was a clever student with very outstanding performance amongst others. On the other side, I was a poor student with poor result in every examination. Well, this was only happened in my primary school life which I did not like to study at all but rather had much fun out there during that period.

To me, in the past, he was someone too excellent to be approach with. And, I could never expect we could talk so much and had been so close like today.

He and his friends being travelled down to Kukup and then JB - the last destination before they returned to KL tomorrow. He and I met at JPO (Johor Premium Outlet) today and had lunch together. We talked about our own uni life and also something about our story in the past relationship and had some laughter along. Then, we proceeded on with some window shopping in JPO.

He taught me the meaning of the two fraction numbers found on the tag inside the shirt and I just learned it. I thought all the sizes were merely played with XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL and so on. At least women’s do. Ha. Interesting. Then, we moved on to have an ice-cream treat. I ordered two scoops – vanilla and strawberry, and he ordered the green tea flavour. All three were placed in a middle size cup and we had our own little spoons to dig on. We found an empty bench on the pavement and sat down together to enjoy the ice-cream in this burning weather. Of coz, we never stopped our chatter all the time and kept continuing the chit-chat and the bluff. Haha, it was Fun!

Next, I invited him to visit my new home. He shared some video clips with me, that’s all about his previous plays on piano which been recorded in iPhone. They’re very impressive! Frankly, I felt myself re-inspired and the urge of motivation in music was coming back again!!

He requested me to play him some tune on violin but I refused. I was too lazy to practise in the past and my skill was pretty dull comparing to his. Therefore, I did not have much confident to perform in front of others, nor my hubby either. Rather I felt more comfortable to teach him the way to play violin. He was clumsy in there, of coz. Because he never did violin at all before. Good try, anyway. LOL!


After that, he invited me to join him and his friends for Chap Goh Meh dinner and I was fine to tag along.


After meeting them up, I found they’re easy to go along and lovely group!! I enjoyed their amusing joke and laughter and time being with all of them even though it was very short, by honest. I should join them for Kukup trip. Goodness, I missed out the good chance to have fun with them. Regret is what I am in now.

I’m thinking – when could we meet up again after tonight? We are living in the different places and the chance to crossover each other is pretty little. Anyway, if we’re fated to meet up again and the friendship is about to developed further, that is our luck. Otherwise, that could be the fate too to not be able to meet each other anymore in life?! What the hell am I talking here?! Well, I’m just too tired today and my brain doesn’t work properly. Ok. Gonna stop it here first. That’s all. Good night!

No comments: