“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Bon Odori on 1 Nov 2008 年度盆踊り

Same as last year, the Bon Odori festival still took place at the open-air carpark of Giant Hypermarket at Southern City this year. It was started at 5pm yesterday but we only reached there after 5.30pm due to heavy traffic on the way to the destination.
We quickly dashed through each of the booths first and in the meantime we also took some photos with these cuties dressed in their traditional Yukata.



Indian dance performance...


Japanese traditional drum performance...


There were many typical Japanese games, food and beverage stalls at the place while some of them were newly set up this year.


Preparation of Japanese rice cake...


Traditional Bon Odori dance...
I was eager to join the dance but I would be the only lady who not dressed in Yukata if I joined them. *blush* Therefore, I only joined the dance for the second round before the end of the festival.


Perhaps, I should dress in Yukata too if I join the festival again next year so that I can also participate in the first round of Bon Odori dance. Hehe~ *wink*

Bumped into other colleagues in the event yesterday.


Chinese traditional drum performance by a group of youngsters.


Redeemed the lucky draw prize for our friend - YS Low.


Miss Yukata contest...


To be honest, the taste of the rice cake (in the photo at left) was really weak and not easy to swallow without water. Somehow, I would like it rather sweet.
I like the Chinese handmade Japanese style pan cake. Yummy!!



The Japanese crowd, especially those Japanese kids were so cute and chubby. They had become the focus of the most photograhers of the night too.


Finally, Fikar decided to took part in the final round of Bon Odori dance after non-stop bugging and cajoling from me. It was fun, right?! *giggle*

4 comments:

frederickgam said...

Im so glad I took part in the dance towards the end :) Your bf did a great job with all the pix, thanx 4 sharing *wink*

Jenjen said...

See, I already told you it was very fun1 if we joined the dance... Hehe~
We must must must go again next year and I should wear my Yukata too. (^^)v

Anonymous said...

eeee... why kuching don hv this kind of event. haha...

Jenjen said...

I also don't know ler... It used to be organised by the Japan Club. Is there any Japan Club in Kuching?
In West Malaysia, not only Johor, but it does hold in Penang and KL. Not sure whether or not in other states in West Malaysia. (^^)