“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Making A Farewell Gift for AT Yeo

“DONE!” I can’t help to cry out. Phew~


It’s such a great relief that we have accomplished the unique plus lovely ever handmade farewell gift for AT Yeo who is going to leave TDK-Lambda (M) very soon. She will be staying until this coming Friday. So, honestly we had got no much time left since my partner suddenly came out an idea of making the card for her on last Wednesday.


Tell you what; I was getting really surprised when I was first informed by my partner afterwards that she didn’t have any single experience in making the handmade product. She didn’t know DIY at all as though an absolutely plain paper which is waiting for other to paint on.

Oh my god! For a moment, I thought I would have to do the entire thing alone. Luckily, my partner didn’t give up on herself even though she found that it’s a difficult task to get on. I knew she was depressed, as well as me. I knew the pressure very well especially one is first getting on something that he or she has never got on before. So, I kept motivating and giving her loads of encouragement.

Collecting the name list, booking the table, ordering the dishes, and so on. We worked together to accomplish them. The pressure started to become obvious and greater especially when we needed the cooperative from all TLMS folks.



The issue began to come up when we invited them for the photo session. Most of them were very nice and cooperative except a senior member whom had been making some noise to our request. He was so annoyed about all the stuff, as expected. He argued that this was merely a normal and couldn’t be simple farewell for a colleague and we shouldn’t have to make it so huge and grand like this. He thought we should make it as simple as possible. That’s it. Then, he walked away before the photo session started. For God’s sake! All we could do is be polite and pleasant for the rest of the session. We didn’t want to take in any crappy words from a bloody stubborn cow that easily got jealous of others. Well, forget about this bit!

After browsing and purchasing all material we needed, I invited my partner to come over to my place in the weekend in order to discuss and work together on the card we promised. I mainly took charge of design and drawing part while she concentrated on writing out the others’ message for AT Yeo in some sort of amused form. She has the talent in that, in frank!


I couldn’t help myself but kept laughing after reading what she wrote on the card. I can tell you that my partner has really good humorous sense and all those she wrote are so hilarious. Ha. Well done, gal!!

Besides, I also want to thank my sis and my bro here. Both of them have been very helpful by lending me a hand during the task. My sis is the one who sketched out all the portrait of others in cartoon form. She is so clever, isn’t she? By the way, congrats sis!! For getting the offer letter from MLNG!!! This is really a great thing to celebrate!! Yippee!!


Again, thanks everyone for the hard work!!! This is also dedicated to my partner too!! Bravo, all my dearest!!

No comments: