“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Mini Basketball Match against Foursome

Ouch!! It's bloody hurt when I try to get up from my seat. I’m actually suffering from a bad pain almost all over my body especially the muscles of my thighs, waist and both of my upper arms and my back since last Friday night after such an exciting game – a mini basketball match against foursome.

We had a really fantastic mini basketball game went on last Friday evening after we knocked off from our works. It happened improvised while we merely planned to do a few shootings or some other basketball practices at the court in the first place. I was practicing throwing the ball into the net from different angles. I felt glad everytime when I got the ball shot into the net.

Soon there were more and more people came and joined us afterward, and one of our members suggested having a half-court match, four by four. Gosh, I simply wanted to carry out my net-shooting part instead of a match. I had never been involved in a proper basketball match before; instead, I used to be one of the audiences in the past. I was a bit worried in the beginning as I could spoil the game. But BK had done a great job in motivating us - “No rush but carry the ball steadily and pass to your team members.” His word was dinning in my ears during the game. “I would try my best to not upset my team,” I whispered to myself, trying to get over my nervous.

Yeah, I was getting more and more excited after participated for quite a while. I could feel my blood rushing through my veins and my heart was throbbing with excitement. I tried my best to snatch the ball from opponents when they dribbled the ball toward the net, and pass it to my team members. That was what I could contribute to my team, I thought.

James is the tallest amongst our team, at least 180cm I guess. With the advantage of James’ height, we managed to get a high score in the beginning. It gave more confidence to us for moving aggressively throughout the match. BK was a real basketball player before so he had been trained up with proper skills. His capable of acting and moving quickly had granted us more and more scores continuously.

The game last for about 40minutes and we won with the scores 10 to 5. Yahoooo!!!! Everyone was exhausted after the match. I started to feel the dull ache spreading over the muscles of my body when I took a rest on the bench afterward. I bet my muscles had been badly abused during the game. And, it is what is happening on me starting the next day of the match...


Ouch! Again. (x_x)

No comments: