“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, My Love (^^)


He is the star of 11February!! Yeah, it’s my hubby’s big day today. I had got something planned for him tonight. I was going to give him a birthday surprise that he would never expect to. Yahooo!! *chuckle*

I took half-day leave in the afternoon. I grabbed my shoulder bag immediately after lunch and I rushed to the bus terminal to catch a bus to go to Singapore. The time was still early when I reached Singapore. It was about 3.30pm, two and a half hour before my boyfriend’s knocked off from his job.


“I’m gonna get something to do to spend this extra time while waiting for him to knock off.” I whispered “Why don’t I go and take a nap in the library?!” Oops, I’m sorry. I know this is not a good practice but anyway, I was too tired as I had many late turn in night for the past few days. Without much thought, I proceeded to one of the libraries located somewhere near Jurong East MRT station. I know there is a room called “Silent Room” in the library where people are not allowed to make any noise even whispering. Sometimes, I even saw people taking a nap on their single sofa with either the book covered their face or left on their chest.

So, I chose a sofa placed against the wall and sat down. I took out my I-Magazines, leaned comfortably against the wall and did a little reading before I fell in sleep. Slowly and slowly, my eyes got tired and closed unknowingly. I slept soundly but then, I was awaken when my saliva spilling out from my mouth. I was driveling. *disgust* Oops, sorry!!

I took a glance at my watch and it was 5pm. Another one hour to go! Ok, it was time to source a birthday cake for him now. I moved to Jurong Point which was a really huge mall in Boon Lay after the last year expansion. My eyes were completely attracted to those chic and beautiful dresses and accessories from the boutiques. I was fighting hard against the temptation. But, there was not much time for me to spend. Therefore, I moved my feet reluctantly and headed towards the bakery shops. Finally, I decided on a birthday cake for my hubby.






My hubby didn’t know that I would come and celebrate the birthday with him tonight until he noticed me hidding behind a pillar with a candle standing on a chocolate cake in my hands. He was really shocked at the time he saw me. My presence must have been the biggest surprise of the night.I bet! Anyway, he told me thereafter he felt thoroughly glad and touched. Tear drops almost fell off his eyes and he felt so much like crying in front of me. He really appreciated my surprise "birthday party". Tell you what, this is the 1st time I did it for him too. *wink*










Happy 29's to my beloved hubby. *wink*


We went to Lai Lai Casual Dining at Jurong Point, Singapore for our dinner tonight.


I chose the Taiwan Vermicelli set for my selection while my hubby went for the conventional Taiwanese dish - rice in stewed pork with peanut.


Crystal-like black pearls in my Jasmine hot green tea.

No comments: