“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Sunday, February 1, 2009

A View from The Courtyard

Hi, welcome to our courtyard. It's a lovely and greenery place that I used to hang around everytime my master releases me out from the aquarium. I don't have a name to call, my master used to call me "Shui Yu"(水鱼), you can call me whatever name you like. I won't mind as it is just a form of address.
Ok, let's waste no time now. Come and follow me to explore every single part of this cozy place. *wink*


A huge wild plant growing in the garden. It's about the same height as my master.
I like to stay underneath as it is the coziest place to keep me away from the hot and breathless weather. I've no idea about the name of this plant. I'm thinking it could be from the same species of bracken group.


Oops! Clumsy tumble-look. *blushing*


Baby plant.


This plant is called "富贵花" (Fu Gui Hua) in Mandarin, which people usually believe it can summon luck, fortune and great wealth. It's not a peony.


Two red lanterns hanging on the ceiling.


The beauty of Celosia Cristata Linn (Cockscomb Flower, "鸡冠花"), is beyond description.


Ah Chii and the little yellow flower.


Duckweed(浮萍).


People call this plant as Ginger lily.


Lovely grassy plant.


Cacti.


Pineapple plant.


Dragon fruit tree.


They are kinds of medicinal herbs.


Spring onion.


Veggie.


Wild flowers.


Balsamines are growing up in the crowd.


Playing around with my little masters - Ah Chii and Jen. They are naughty!! *chuckle*


I'm the superstar in their cameras.


Voila, I can stretch on my strong back legs.


My master and also Ah Chii & Jen's dearest papa - he is the great keeper of the courtyard too.


Mini forest in the courtyard. *wink*


Mango tree.


Longan(龙眼) tree.


A close up of the pinky flowers.


Chilli plant.


Banana tree.


The lily plant is not in blossom.


Baby plant of chrysanthemum.


Water spinach(蕹菜).


Bougainvillea(宝巾花) adorns the fence.


Jen had accidently damaged this plant few days ago while she was trying to catch the cock that escaped from the cage.


A few bunches of lemons hanging on the tree.


Star fruit tree.

2 comments:

~娃喜笨蛋~ said...

wahseh... many many plants.

Jenjen said...

Yeah... There are some more that I haven't shown in my blog yet... hehe~