“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sadness Vs Happiness

It has been a month that I didn't pick up my drawing pencil since my last oil pastel painting in June. I'm busy with my violin practice now, therefore, leaving not much time for me to spend on drawing lately.

"London Bridge" is the piece that I practice these few days. Frankly, it’s not an easy task for a beginner who just started to learn how to play the open string notes and hasn't learned the lesson of how to place the fingers on the strings following the musical notes and pluck the strings by bow. I think I will only get to that portion after a few months as my violin teacher is progressing slowly. Perhaps, he wants to earn more tuition fee from three of us - Fikar, Low & I. Anyway, it would be better if I can practice at home on my own. I just follow clumsily whatever gestures shown in the violin book but I do believe that would be the most basic thing that I need to master before I proceed to something which is more complicated.

To be honest, the transition of my fingers according to each note is really slow as I'm still not familiar with all of these movements yet. I need to keep practice and practice everyday until I am used to it. Then, I will be able to play the piece smoothly at the end. *grin* My 2nd, 3rd and 4th fingers of left hand started to show bruises after long time of playing. It hurts! The skin of these fingers is too tender for the harsh battle. It is time to let them get rougher. You won't be able to press the string firmly if your finger is hurt. Therefore, I switched to drawing after an hour practice today to let my fingers get enough rest.

Below is the oil pastel painting that I produced this morning - Sadness Vs Happiness. These two feelings always come together for each person but only one of them can be shown at once. So which one are you showing on your face now?

6 comments:

frederickgam said...

wow, youve been practising hard huh. i just dont seem to bother that much. but my fingers did feel the pinch especially on the E string. so hard to get a sweet sound from the violin. piano is so much easier !!! *sob sob sob*

元成 said...

利害,那蝴蝶仙子的手怎么了???

Jenjen said...

Practice makes perfect, that's why I'm so hardworking here, haha~
Jz done my violin practice tonight and my A-string sounds better than last week. *Hurray* Perhaps, I hold the bow with a little bit of force added to it would affect the sound produced too. Don't know why, I still doubt to my gesture of holding the bow. Jz not feeling confident of it and keep changing. May be I should find out more references about the posture of holding the bow from webs in order to improve my1 and have the most convenient one for my own.

Jenjen said...

谢谢哦。(^_^)/ 很特别,是吗?!
看起来有点儿像蝴蝶的须子多一些。
其实我是在一本书上看到这种画法的,所以就把它用在我的画上啰。我挺喜欢这种须手的画法,很不一样,而且也很艺术。
你应该也有同感吧?!(^^)

Anonymous said...

haha~~~ izzit u practice so much violin until te finger of butterfly bcum string liao~ hahaha~~ but vry nice tat idea.. n next time u try te color frm te make up tings..c whethr tat color is nice than color pencil ma..??!!! heheh


fR0m u kawaii sister

Jenjen said...

Thank you! I love the way to draw the butterfly's hands too. The hands look more like the antennae instead. It is very creative and artistic, isn't it?
Do you mean using the make-up powder/stuff to colour the picture?
I was using the oil pastel instead of colour pencil in that pix lar...