“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Thursday, April 16, 2009

A New-Born Baby Girl

I was informed by my colleague that Azam(our Assistant Engineer) has eventually got a new-born baby girl this morning in Hospital Sultan Ismail, Johor. He has had two boys at home and now, he gains a girl in the end after he has craved one for ages. Wow, it is really great news that I ever received in this morning. It’s lovely, isn’t? I think everyone especially those from the Test group might feel the same too. We all are feeling happy for you, Azam. Congrats!

Also, congrats to Azam’s wife as well, who I guess is still lying exhaustedly on the white-covered bed in the ward after struggling for a few hours during her labor. Azam’s wife, you are great too, as you have brought another new life, a new smiling angel to the world.

Although I’m neither the parent to the baby girl nor even having any relationship with her, yet I can feel the surge of excitement too, as if I’m the one who being the mother of the new born child. For the instant, I have really thought of having a child of mine too. However, I’m not ready for that yet. Not even for future, may be. My hubby and I have planned to not have any other new member in our family, at least that’s what we are thinking now. Please don’t get confused, we are not kind of dislike children. Somehow, we are essentially not ready in sort of physical and mental so far.

I like children but my hubby is not as much as I do. I like to be with them as they bring lots of pleasant and joyful to me, which sometimes arouse me about my childhood too. They always very fun when you talk to them in their so called kid’s language. Freaking but amusing. Haa~

I can’t deny that having one or two kids of your own will really change your life. I mean, you will have to sacrifice many things for them, like when shopping; you can’t simply spend the money on whatever things you like without second thought. You can’t go for spa anytime you want. You can’t simply go out to meet your friends and have a cup of tea with them in the café in some lovely afternoons. You can’t even have chance going to the pub and rock and roll with your buddies in the night. In fact, you might have to do revision with your children together before they go on bed.

Oh, come on. Being a parent can be hard work. You have to really give up many of your essential favorites. It’s depressing. You can’t simply pamper yourself anymore like previous after you have been a mother, can’t you?

However, when come to think about your children, your beloved one, I’m sure you are willing to accept the changes, just for all of their advantages. You will forget all of your desperate once you hear your kids saying, “Mum, I love you.” And follow by a sweet baby kissing on your cheek. Oh dear, your heart will surely melt that instant you receive them, I bet. They are the angels sent down from the heaven, aren’t they? Definitely. May be hubby and I will change our mind again someday. Who knows?

2 comments:

Marge said...

yes, you were right. There's pros and cons to enter the parenthood life. enjoy your life first, Jen. You'll know it when you're ready to accept this lifeline challenge.

Jenjen said...

Yeah. Some more I'm a kidult, so it would really be a big challenge to me to take over the responsibility of being a mother. Perhaps, I can learn from you too after I have my baby then... (^^)