“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Thursday, September 3, 2009

我拍她,他拍我。

We had been spending a little moment in the Singapore toys museum during last weekend. I had been there once, about two month ago with my sister during her visit to Johor. This was my hubby’s first visit to there, though.

My friend was puzzled with our plan. I thought she might have never expected that I went to a museum for my weekend rather than went for a gobsmacked movie in cinema or shopping. Oh yes. In common sense, almost people put the MUSEUM as an ever BORING PLACE in their list. If you really want me to tell you the truth, deep down, so am I.

I didn’t say museum is not worth for visiting but it’s practically not that fun than what I used to do for my weekend - shopping or just order a cup of Chamomile tea and then carry out my reading in a cozy sofa in StartBucks or I could even pick up some movies to watch. Plus, I have got my D90, so I can do some photographing too. These are the things I like to do. I would carry out either one and turn out that my Saturday and Sunday would become more meaningful, fantastic and enjoyable. I mean, weekend has always been the precious moment for me or may be everyone to get relaxed, to run away from the endless works and I just don’t want to waste them.

So, the thing is, I was in Singapore last weekend and it was obviously nothing much I could do over there. It’s such a small little land, full with loads of shopping malls and I can tell you that I have been wandering around not less than a zillion times. There are honestly almost boring, tedious to me and I couldn’t feel any teeny little exhilaration spark inside my body anymore when I thought about shopping there, not until I could find out something excited from there.

Besides sightseeing, photography is the only alternative activity which I could think about to make the trip more attracting. I could take any fabulous pictures of others in the museum, may be the display pieces or the various expression on people’s face when they browsing through the pieces. Well, just take in anything that I would feel wonderful, like the pictures of this little blissful baby girl who kept jumping up and down as though she was hyperactive.
After all she was lovely, wasn’t she?

I love the way my hubby took my pictures and I really admire myself a loads in some of them. This is the reason why I gathered all and posted them up over here. Gosh. I looked excellently confident and some smart ever in there, as though I was a freelance photographer who was busy taking photos of others.
Well, I’m practically still quite fresh to the DSLR and yet in my learning curve now. Anyway, I would love to be looking like a pro. And indeed, I wish I would become a real freelance photographer someday. Blessed me, yeah!

This is my dearest hubby. Tell you secretly, I always think that he has the very high potential in photography. Look, just leaf through the pictures he took so far and it would make sense.

Oh. It's my favorite Popeye!! Yeah. Love to see you all again...


Donald duck and the greedy Bugs Bunny... Haha.
Oh, Betty-Betty-Boop! How have you being doing?...
And here they are... All little lovely pieces, glad to see you again.


Oops. Clowns again.

4 comments:

LuLu said...

So awesome, I should plan to visit this place in my nxt trip to Singapore~~

Ur bf is really talented! Nice pictures there...

Jenjen said...

Hi Lulu,
Thanks for your compliment to my boy boy's work. I'm sure he would be very happy to receive it. Hoho.

Yeah, you should pop-in to this MINT, The Museum of Toys once in your life. It's a really fantastic place to visit when you go to Singapore. It's located somewhere in Seah Street, quite near to the Raffles Hotel and not too far from the National Library. ^^

元成 said...

where your mickey leh, lwant to see ya....

Jenjen said...

Hey Lao Di,
I haven't taken the photos of them yet. Because I will go to the China Square in Singapore again tomorrow morning to find out another set of the mickey figurines. I spotted it last time at one of the stalls but unfortunately, I didn't buy it. Shame.
Anyway, hope I manage to get it tomorrow. By then, I will post them all up here to let you see. Ok.