“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Elbow Is Aching After the Basketball Game Yesterday

For God’s sake, it happens to me again. My elbow is slightly injured during the game yesterday. I was trying hard to snatch the ball from my opponent. However, not to be smugly, I was the only female among the others. Yeah-yeah-yeah. The rest are guys who are all stronger, taller and huger than me – I’m the smallest amongst them. I was playing the basketball with a group of HULKs. Ha-ha.

To be frank, it’s always a difficult and tiring task to seize the ball from them. They gripped the ball so firm and strong. And sometimes, I could barely hit the ball. However, when I was the one who carrying the ball. People would easily snatch it from me. God. It’s not fair. Anyway, I kept trying my best to grip any chance of scoring the points even though sometimes I did screw it up by the end.

There’re a few times I tried to block one of the opponents who carried the ball and intercepted him from moving forward to his shooting lane. By occasionally, I quickly stretched out my arm, thinking of snatching the ball which was bouncing at lower height right in front of me. I did it, with my full energy. When I almost hit the ball, the guy seemed to know what I was going to do and therefore, he attempted to protect the ball by stretching his muscular arm out too and instantly, our arms were both collided head on – the ball was sandwiched right in the middle of our hands. The force was so strong to my arm until I could felt a slightly ache in my right elbow. Ouch. It’s hurt! I shrieked. Holding my elbow. Everyone was so gobsmacked as though I really broke my arm.

I quitted in the middle of last game. Another teammate was replaced me and the game continued. I sat on the bench aside, watching the match going on while exercising and massaging my elbow gently. It’s getting really pain everytime when I twist it or applying stronger force right to it.

It’s honestly not a very serious injured I think. It’s merely a minor one. Still, I’m gonna take good care of it as I don’t really want it to get into more serious by the end. Well, I will have another basketball session tomorrow after work. So I really hope my elbow would recover soon. Bless me!

No comments: