“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sent My Baby Car to Workshop

I gonna sort out my flat tyre today. One of my car tyres was punctured yesterday, plus all the four tyre tread patterns were worn thin. Obviously, it’s time to change. Therefore, I sent my baby car (Kelisa) to the workshop (IOI TYRES & SERVICES at Bandar Putra) near to my house after the violin replacement class today.



Removing the old tyre off the wheel.


Reshape the bent iron fringe.


Installing the new tyre to the wheel.



My poor baby car and its hubcaps placed next to it.


Balancing the wheels.


Wandering around in the workshop.



Goodbye to my old weary tyres.


Installing all the tyres and nuts and the hubcaps back to the car.


Adjusting my car alignment.
Did you see the -0º37' next to the Front Camber at left? The workshop guy told me that my front camber at left was terribly out of its relative position. However, the original camber nut is unadjustable and he suggested me to replace it with an adjustable type which costs me another RM35. What can I do?
"Ok, please change it for me," I replied him feebly.




The overall expenses:
- 4 new GoodYear tyres (165/RKI D/GA, is this the identification code of the tyres? I don't know), RM145 each, thus it totally costs RM580 after discount (originally RM150 each).
- Replace all 4 TL valves (a small tube with cap, for pumping in the air to the tyre).
- 4 wheels balancing, FOC.
- Car alignment, RM15.
- Replace the original camber nut at the front left wheel to an adjustable type, RM35.
So finally the grand total of the overall car expenses is, ta-da... RM650. (I nearly got a heart attack after knowing this big value. Luckily I had brought enough cash with me)

The workshop guy told me that my rear absorbers (there are two) are almost damaged and have to replace with the new ones. RM165 for the rear new absorbers, it has included the service charge. Well, leave it to next time.

Also, some of my steel rims have terribly bent and incapable to be reshaped again. A new rim for Kelisa car would cost around RM45. Again, leave it to next time too.

Tired.

1 comment:

frederickgam said...

So now you know why I still don't have a car hahahaha *wink*