“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I nearly lost my Violin bow, Phew!

Thanks God. It comes back to me in the end.

Oh well, I was actually left my bow behind unknowingly after the class on last Thursday evening and the thing was, I only realized it on Monday night in the following week. Just when I wanted to take everything out from the violin case for regular practicing at home. Oh my God. I was quite nervous at that moment and trying to bring everything to mind. I tried my best scanning through every piece of my memories discreetly in order to find out where on earth I leaved the bow.

I remembered the last time I used it was during the violin class on last Thursday night. I went for the basketball game with my buddies until very late on Friday evening, so of course I didn’t carry out the practice – I didn’t want to awake my neighbours and get complaints by them. The next day, I had to work until 6pm and then, I went to the string orchestra at Foon Yew High School with my boyfriend until 10pm. Still, it was too late for me to play the violin.

On Sunday, I woke up quite late and merely carried out the reading at StarBucks with my boyfriend for almost the whole afternoon. And, we spent our evening in front of the telly for hours before we turned in. So, all in all, the high possibility was, I could be leaving my bow in the school. I felt better when I thought in this way. I mean, at least I had got an idea where it was. This makes you feel better than you know nothing whereabouts your bow, isn’t?

Once I had an idea about where my bow was, I quickly rang up to the violin school. It was about 9pm the time I made the call. A lady was answering my call. She is one of the teachers there. She helped me to look for the bow in the classroom but she found nothing. Oh, what a bad news! The disappointment crept across my face. But then, “May be somebody has found it and passed it to Miss Yap. Can you ring back again after 9.00am tomorrow and check with her?” she chipped in suddenly. Oh, great. “Ok. Thanks!” This had definitely got me back into the expectation again. I hoped it would not upset me, then.

I rang to the musical school the next day morning and talked to Miss Yap. She said she had never received any lost bow from other people lately. Oh no. Who took my bow? “Jenny, bear with me a minute. I will go upstairs and check for you again. I will call you back.” She offered her help. “Sure. Thanks.” I said blankly.

After a while, she called me back. “Hi Jenny, I’ve found your bow in the classroom,” she said. But the lady teacher who I talked to last night told me that she couldn’t find it. Did she (the lady teacher) lie? Anyway, I wouldn’t mind anymore as long as I could find my bow back.

“Oh, great. Can you keep that for me and I will come and get it tomorrow after work?” I replied merrily.

“Yes. Of course,” she said.

“Thanks a lot. Cheers!”

4 comments:

杨 霓 said...

你在那里学violin哦?Miss Yap 很熟悉的名,哈。。那么多人姓叶的,我真敏感。^^

Jenjen said...

嗨Nini,
我在佳音音乐学院(High Note Music Academy at Indahpura, Kulai, Johor)学小提琴。你有听过这间音乐学校吗?嗯,我想它不是很出名吧。只是它离我家只有大概十分钟的车程,很近我家,所以就和朋友一起在那儿学啰。
Miss Yap 是那里的书记。很nice、很friendly的小姐。个子不高,很chubby的那种。我不知道她的全名,但如果你觉得她也许是你认识的朋友的话,我倒可以帮你问问看。^^

frederickgam said...

Aiya, just get a new bow lah. Better still, get a new violin set straight away (^^). My teacher also complained that my bow isn't very good and tends to bounce off the string (which requires me to grip it harder than normal). Probably due to low quality wood used for the stick.

Planning to get a new violin, but as my budget now doesn't permit it, that will have to wait till next year I guess :)

But I'm moving on to Herbert Kinsey's Studies Set II soon, and would really like to get a better violin before then. Hope to get more part time projects to make this come true *wink*

frederickgam said...

Hey Jen! If ur still keen to sing in the choir (for Danga Bay Xmas performance), there are still many openings. Practice sessions every Sunday 8-10pm. If u hv frens who are keen, pls ask them to contact me.