“Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don’t waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.” ~by Og Mandino

Friday, May 28, 2010

Yummy Portuguese Egg Tarts (Pasteis de Nata)

I love it. I love it. I BLOODY LOVE IT!! Well, I just can’t help.

Trays and trays of yummy Portuguese egg tarts are indeed an incredible temptation I can’t resist at all, although it’s merely the pastry filled with sweet custard in the middle.
I love its slightly over-baked taste. I enjoy its crunchy feel and the moment when I bite the pastry crust, I felt like no other things in the world could have tasted better. I’m totally obsessed. It’s so crispy and delicious. I know I’ve been falling in love with this Pasteis de Nata ever since I tried my first bite in Macau. Goodness.

What makes the Hong Kong’s and the Portuguese’s apart is that, one comes in shortcrust and another one in puff pastry case – this is why I like it so much too.

The pork chop bun is one of the famous and must-try-foods in Macau but I’m not so keen on that.

No comments: